[GRASS-dev] error in interactive supervised classification input - update

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 00:49:38 PST 2015

On Dec 2, 2015 10:59 PM, "Michael Barton" <Michael.Barton at asu.edu> wrote:

> It is landsat 8, which is 16 bit. So that may account for one issue. If
so, the error about matplotlib is a 2nd issue.

Yes, I remember having problems with matplotlib before on Mac, it's all
related to the 32-bit wxpython I think

Anna

> Michael
> ____________________
> C. Michael Barton
> Director, Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
> Professor of Anthropology, School of Human Evolution & Social Change
> Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
> Arizona State University
>
> voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
> fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)
> www: http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton, http://csdc.asu.edu

>> On Dec 2, 2015, at 8:20 PM, Anna Petrášová <kratochanna at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Is it landsat 8? g.gui.iclass is rewritten i.class which supported only
256 categories...

>> On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 5:55 PM, Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu>
wrote:

>>> Apparently no graphs work in the interactive iclass module. Also, it
doesn’t seem to work otherwise.

>>> I can mark training fields with no problem. I can export them with no
problem.

>>> But when I click the update button, the preview screen goes blank for a
bit for each class then returns to the original base raster with nothing
showing. The command console displays the following errors (one for each
class):

>>> Data error preparing signatures: value (19592) > num of cats
>>> (256)
>>> Data error preparing signatures: value (8089) > num of cats
>>> (256)
>>> Data error preparing signatures: value (11048) > num of cats
>>> (256)
>>> Data error preparing signatures: value (9218) > num of cats
>>> (256)
>>>

>>> I’ve looked at the very slim help file and it did not help. Copying
Helena and Anna in case they’ve be successful with this working.

>>> Michael
>>>

>>> ____________________
>>> C. Michael Barton
>>> Director, Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
>>> Professor of Anthropology, School of Human Evolution & Social Change
>>> Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
>>> Arizona State University
>>>
>>> voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
>>> fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)
>>> www: http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton, http://csdc.asu.edu

It says it was unable to import matplotlib. Then it says it did find
matplotlib but it was the wrong architecture.

is fine. I also tried to install matplotlib from the terminal in case it
would find a correct architecture version. This also went fine.