[GRASS-dev] STVDS where only attributes change over time?

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 13 08:05:37 PST 2015

Dear Stefan,
The GRASS GIS temporal framework supports the time stamping of vector
layers/tables (former called fields). Hence, you can create any number
of layers for a single vector map and assign a different attribute
table to each layer. This leads to the ability to separately time
stamp each layer&table of a vector map.

The temporal module t.vect.oberve.strds uses this feature.

However, since the analysis capabilities of space time vector datasets
are limited in the temporal framework, i would suggest to use a
temporal database for this task.

Best regards
Soeren

Btw:
You can try to use the Grass-Data-Explorer to analyse GRASS GIS time
series data in Qgis inclusively statistical analsys:
https://bitbucket.org/huhabla/grass-data-explorer