[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-SVN] r67222 - grass/trunk/raster/r.in.lidar

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 18:56:07 PST 2015

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 3:26 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 4:21 PM,  <svn_grass at osgeo.org> wrote:
> > Author: wenzeslaus
> > Date: 2015-12-18 07:21:18 -0800 (Fri, 18 Dec 2015)
> > New Revision: 67222
> >
> > Modified:
> >    grass/trunk/raster/r.in.lidar/main.c
> > Log:
> > r.in.lidar: add flag to set region according to the new raster
> >
> > This is the same as -e flag in v.in.lidar.
> > Perhaps -e and -n i r.in.lidar and -e in v.in.lidar
> > should be somehow synchronized.
>
> You mean that
>   -r   Limit import to the current region
>   -i   Invert mask when selecting points
> of v.in.lidar should be added to r.in.lidar? Seems to make sense.

This gets little messy and I'm not sure what to do about it.

r.in.lidar imports in region extent only and with -e it imports according
to the data. (which can be considered correct as import with binning is an
analysis thus it should respect the region and resolution must be taken
from somewhere anyway)

v.in.lidar imports according to data and ignores region extent, while with
-r it respects the region extent,

v.in.lidar sets the region extent according to the input data with -e.

v.in.lidar sets the region extent according to the input data and/or
resolution option with -n since r67222.

r.in.lidar ignores mask. (which is correct, mask is for reading by default)

v.in.lidar supports mask as a vector map and can invert it with -i.

In the commit message I meant that -e means something else in r.in.lidar
and v.in.lidar. Since r67222 -n in r.in.lidar is doing what -e is doing in
v.in.lidar.

> BTW I also don't understand this flag in *r*.in.lidar:
>   -b   Do not build topology

I added vector_output, so then -b makes sense. But perhaps the question is
if vector_output makes sense for r module.

Let me know what you think.