[GRASS-dev] grouping most important parameters in a 'main' tab

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Wed Dec 23 05:08:51 PST 2015

Agreed.

Such a “main” tab maight also be helpful to generate the GUI of the QGIS-GRASS-Plugin more automatically so that  module updates can be passed more easily to QGIS. I contributed to update of the module files (.qgm) which aimed exactly at reducing complexity (though some modules got split up there e.g. based on layer geometry types). As Paulo says, not always easy to determine what is “main”, but doable and a bit of work too...

For the possible benefits regarding the QGIS integration that means practically, that the workload of module parameter simplification is passed to GRASS devs...

Cheers
Stefan

From: grass-dev [mailto:grass-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Paulo van Breugel

I am all in favour of this. Easier for the casual user and it means less clicks for probably most user-cases. I guess it will not always be easy to determine what are the most important / common parameters, but for this module I think you got them all right under the main tab.