[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2837: r.external writes to other mapsets if used for registering VRT of GRASS rasters

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sat Dec 26 15:21:39 PST 2015

#2837: r.external writes to other mapsets if used for registering VRT of GRASS
rasters
------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  sbl         |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect      |     Status:  new
 Platform:  Linux       |
------------------------+-------------------------
 I tried to use gdalbuildvrt for efficient patching of raster maps.

 In "MAPSET_A" i ran:

 {{{
 gdalbuildvrt rsuntest.vrt
 /LOCATION/MAPSET_B/cellhd/GlobalRadiation_tile_*_day_150
 r.external input=rsuntest.vrt output=rsunvrt -o
 }}}

 (MAPSET_B is in the same location).

 However, the resulting map got apparently written into "MAPSET_B" (as it
 was listed there when I tried to display it with d.rast). The map was not
 displayed correctly (in fact it was not displayed at all). Querying the
 white display gave me values which were outside the range for the map
 reported by r.info.

 I then tried g.remove in MAPSET_A with neither success nor error message,
 while I could remove the map from within MAPSET_B.

 I used GDAL 1.11 with GDAL-GRASS-plugin and GRASS 7.0.2svn (all self-
 compiled).

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2837>
GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org>