[GRASS-dev] New splash screen for GRASS GIS 7?

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Feb 4 07:48:03 PST 2015

On 04/02/15 16:32, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi,

>> Thanks ! However, I now see a white rectangle for a while, then the image
>
> I cannot reproduce that, I don't know.

Here's little movie to give you an idea:

http://tomahawk.ulb.ac.be/moritz/GRASS_slow_splash.ogv

>> fills it briefly before it closes. Maybe the image is too heavy to be
>> displayed quickly ?
>
> Right, even with `optipng -o5 file.png` [1], the splash screen has
> 408K. I agree that it would be good to decrease size of the file.

I tried making it smaller with

convert splash_screen_orig.png -resize 30% splash_screen.png

This just makes the rectangle smaller, but I still see it without the
image for a while.

I just noticed that I see the same with GRASS6. I guess something in a
recent update of my Debian machine might be causing this ?

Moritz

My system info:

Version de GRASS: 7.1.svn

GRASS SVN revision: 64455

Build date: 2015-01-04

Build platform: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

GDAL: 1.10.1

PROJ.4: 4.8.0

GEOS: 3.4.2

SQLite: 3.8.7.1

Python: 2.7.8

wxPython: 3.0.1.1

Plateforme: Linux-3.16.0-4-amd64-x86_64-with-debian-8.0