[GRASS-dev] Add link to manual page on the addon wiki

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Feb 4 13:51:15 PST 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 10:17 AM, Moritz Lennert
<mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
> On 25/01/15 13:09, Markus Neteler wrote:
>> I have updated that script now. Voilà:
>>
>> http://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/addons/
>

> Great !
>
> Just one issue: some of the add-ons fail to compile on the server, sometimes
> because some additional libraries are missing (ex: v.class.mlpy, v.nnstat
> and v.kriging)

Yes, because they are compiled on the Windows server which generates
the nightly snapshots which does not have all packages.

> and because of that they are not listed on this page.

Do you have an example? They are all autogenerated if they are in the
parent Makefile registered.

> I don't know what the policy is: should all modules compile on the server
> and so should all dependencies be installed,

Ideally yes but that's quite some work for the Windows server admin...

> or do we have to find a
> different solution for these ? Is it possible to only make the man pages and
> so avoid the issue of dependencies in the main source code ?

I could instead generate them on Linux. But not too soon due to being
too busy these days.

Markus