[GRASS-dev] splash screen image comes up too late [Re: Planning GRASS GIS 7.0.0RC2]

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Feb 6 08:32:56 PST 2015

On 06/02/15 17:09, Vincent Bain wrote:
> Le vendredi 06 février 2015 à 14:54 +0100, Martin Landa a écrit :
>> right, I can change it in trunk right now, should I used the attached image?
>>

> Attached is a clean version (light shades of grey were missing
> underneath white lettering -> better readability with it)
>
> Le vendredi 06 février 2015 à 16:55 +0100, Moritz Lennert a écrit :
>> The only caveat is that I still have that empty window showing up for
>> while before the image appears shortly before the window disappears.
>
> Eventhough it's a very small file, may the lighter png file help reduce
> this time of emptiness ?

No, that doesn't seem to help.

I think that this is more a question of program logic:

When I look at the example splashscreen code at [1], I see that the
splash screen is defined as a separate class that is called from the
wxApp's OnInit function and then calls the main GUI from its OnExit
function. Using the example code here with the 400K version of the
splash screen works perfectly.

I'm not familiar enough with wxPython and the wxGUI to adapt this
quickly, but maybe this could inspire some of the wx gurus...

Moritz

[1] http://wiki.wxpython.org/SplashScreen