[GRASS-dev] splash screen image comes up too late [Re: Planning GRASS GIS 7.0.0RC2]

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Feb 9 07:10:08 PST 2015

On 09/02/15 15:47, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi,

>> Perhaps we should go back  to the previous version. I would suggest to move
>
> agreed, done in r64527.
>
>> the GMFrame import after showing the splash screen (the diff is for release
>> branch):
>
> done in r64528.
>
>> as a result on my computer, the splash screen is showed earlier. It probably
>> won't effect the problem Moritz has, but it's worth trying. I also saw
>
> Moritz, does it any effect for you?

Well, now I have the same problem of a temporarily empty splash screen
again which was solved with your previous modification. And as mentioned
I don't really see any difference in speed for the arrival of that empty
splash screen.

Am I really the only one who sees this empty rectangle as a splash
screen for a little moment before the image fills it ???

Moritz