[GRASS-dev] patches from http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/ (makefile/ctypes)

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 14 14:52:02 PST 2015

On 02/14/2015 01:52 PM, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 6:15 PM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> recently I applied in trunk and relbr70 some of the patches from [1].
>>
>> Remaining issues:
>>
>> (configure expert needed)
>> http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-grass/grass.git/tree/debian/patches/instdir?h=experimental
>
> .. no idea here.

This is a distribution specific patch, I don't think upstream needs to
consider it.

>> (makefile expert needed)
>> http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-grass/grass.git/tree/debian/patches/no-fail-html.patch?h=experimental
>
> ... I suggest to better fix the real error than putting a workaround.

Agreed, but hurd-i386 is not really an architecture where GRASS will
actually be used. I didn't want to put too much time into getting GRASS
to build successfully there too.

> " Generating the HTML description for r.viewshed failed on GNU/Hurd reporting:
>   ERROR: Field <projection> missing"
>
> I wonder where this error comes from. But I don't know where the
> corresponding log file is available.
> Please post the URL.

There is no public build log from this build, only the first RC1 build
that failed on Hurd & kFreeBSD, see:

https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=grass&arch=hurd-i386

This was caused by the "Unknown platform" issue, I developed the patch
for that issue using the Debian porter boxes. This patch was sufficient
for kFreeBSD, but on Hurd additional issues cropped up. I kept patching
the issues as I found them, and only prepared a new upload after it
built successfully on Hurd.

If you really want to dig into this issue, I can do a new build on Hurd
and send you the log.

>> (seems to be harmless, but...)
>> http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-grass/grass.git/tree/debian/patches/pager?h=experimental
>
> ... the patch "Prefer 'pager' over 'more'" looks like Debian specific to me.

Using pager is indeed Debian specific, but preferring less over more
makes sense for all distributions.

>> (ctypes expert needed)
>> http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-grass/grass.git/tree/debian/patches/python-ctypes-ternary.patch?h=experimental
>
> Enclose Python ternary in parenthesis.
> Seems to be reported as https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2581

That's the related issue yes. Since this issue currently also only
affects Hurd I don't mind carrying the patch in the official Debian
package only.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--