[GRASS-dev] FOSS4G-Europe 2015 and GRASS GIS workshop

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 10:21:46 PST 2015

Dear GRASS developers and users,

we would like to see a GRASS GIS workshop at FOSS4G-Europe [1]. Is anyone
planning to summit one? If yes, we can provide some support. If not, we can
submit and prepare one but we need some support starting with a specific
topic of the workshop. With help of other GRASS people we did
"Spatio-temporal data handling and visualization in GRASS GIS" workshop
FOSS4G in Portland. We are also working on "Introduction to GRASS GIS"
workshop. Do want to do a general GRASS GIS 7 workshop highlighting some
new features? Another idea is "Write your own Python module for GRASS GIS"
workshop. By the way, what was presented at FOSSDEM?

Best,
Vaclav and Anna

[1] http://europe.foss4g.org/2015/Call_workshops
[2] http://ncsu-osgeorel.github.io/grass-temporal-workshop/