[GRASS-dev] Fwd: [SoC] [OSGeo-Discuss] Google Summer of Code 2015

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Wed Feb 18 02:16:32 PST 2015

Hi,

Not sure if the GSoC deadline is today (18.02.) or on Friday (20.02.), so I am just dropping some ideas...

Can last years project ideas be recirculated / reused? Here I am mainly thinking of three things:

1) The "Web-based GUI for GRASS GIS" which would be a great thing to have. >From last years discussion I remember security issues, which might be handled if one focuses on a RStudio Server like approach with registered users only(?)...

2) Another valuable thing would be to continue the excellent work of Matej Krejci on MetaData management. That might be extended by TGIS metadata (t.info.iso), CSW-T support, or support for external metadata catalog schemata, and moving the tools from AddOns to trunk (?)...

3) Finally, also last years idea of "GRASS GIS locations created from public data" might be revived in the light of the current discussion on startup procedures?

Cheers
Stefan