[GRASS-dev] osgeo4w package for GRASS 7

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 14:08:43 PST 2015

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 11:11 AM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > I don't like grass71-dev and 7.1.svn (or 7.1svn) because we are branching
> > 7.1 from 7.0, not from trunk, right? So, trunk will never become 7.1 (nor
> > 7.2, ...).
>
> hm, VERSION file in trunk says 7.1. I live in impression that relbr70
> is just for releasing 7.0.x versions (see the name of the branch).
> Later we will create branch relbr71 from trunk and trunk becomes 7.3
> and so.

I'm not really sure but I think this is how it should be but some
discussions on PSC showed that GRASS GIS is using different scheme where
you branch new release branch from existing release branch. The
disadvantage is that that you have to backport every single commit and this
is why I was against. The advantage is that the new release branch is as
stable as the previous one was. But then you probably don't need to create
new branch at all. Perhaps it was just a misunderstanding, the discussion
was tough.