[GRASS-dev] Vertical tabs for module's wxGUI interface?

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 19:58:07 PST 2015

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 9:59 PM, Yann Chemin <ychemin at gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Feb 22, 2015, at 9:06 PM, Pietro <peter.zamb at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Nikos,
> >
> > On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 3:55 PM, Nikos Alexandris
> > <nik at nikosalexandris.net> wrote:
> >> where is this screenshot
> >> <
> http://ncsu-osgeorel.github.io/grass-temporal-workshop/pictures/tregister.png
> >
> >> coming from?  The vertical arrangement of tabs is awesome!
> >
> > You can set the vertical tabs in preference, it is my favorite
> > arrangement, I thin should be the GRASS default option (imho).
> >

> +1
>
> There was a discussion about this when it was introduced. I believe the
discussion was on mailing list (as opposed to code sprint) but I don't want
to search for it now.

The point was that vertical tabs are generally better for Linux (Gtk) but
since they are terrible on MS Windows and we want to have the default
consistent across platforms we will have the default everywhere the
horizontal tabs.

But yes, I would also like to see vertical tabs as default if the occasions
would allows that.