[GRASS-dev] osgeo4w package for GRASS 7

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Feb 23 04:51:16 PST 2015

Hi Martin,

On Sat, 21. Feb 2015 at 23:29:20 +0100, Martin Landa wrote:
> well, qgis is really an expection, I think they didn't chose a good
> naming scheme. Most of the OSGeo4W packages uses -dev postfix for
> package with development files (headers, ...). QGIS broke these schema
> since they named such packages as -devel and -dev used for daily
> package.

> I am not sure if we need to follow what QGIS broke. Martin

FTR qgis-dev followed the scheme of gdal-dev - which used to be Frank's
occasional build of gdal trunk.  And -devel was used because -dev was already
taken.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode