[GRASS-dev] g.extension error installing addons I've written, what do I change?

Isaac Ullah isaac.ullah at asu.edu
Wed Feb 25 11:26:16 PST 2015

Hi all,

   I've been updating the addons I've written in GRASS6 to versions for
GRASS7, and have been adding them to the GRASS7 addon svn, but it seems
that I'm doing something wrong. The scripts all run fine from my own
computer when I manually put them in my GRASS_ADDON_PATH, but when I, or
others, try to install them from g.extension, we get the following error:

Fetching <r.catchment> from GRASS-Addons SVN repository (be patient)...
Compiling...
make: *** No rule to make target
`/tmp/tmp3G3Iwq/r.catchment/scripts/r.catchment', needed by
`script'.  Stop.
ERROR: Compilation failed, sorry. Please check above error messages.

Any other addons will install fine, including others that are also python
scripts. This is happening with all three of the scrips I've converted so
far (r.catchment, r.landscape.evol, and r.viewshed.cva). I've been using
other python scripts in the addons svn as templates for the format of the
makefile, html description, and the headers for my own scripts, but it
seems like nothing I do is making this work properly.

Here is a link to the svn repo for my r.catchment script, which sets off
the above error:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/raster/r.catchment

Here's a link to the r.basins script, which is not mine, and does NOT set
off the above error:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/raster/r.basin

Can anybody see what I am doing wrong here? Any help will be GREATLY
appreciated!!!

--
Isaac I Ullah, Ph.D.

Arizona State University