[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2524: wxGUI v.in.ogr wrapper fails to find any layers if file path contains non-latin letters

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sat Jan 3 07:19:00 PST 2015

#2524: wxGUI v.in.ogr wrapper fails to find any layers if file path contains non-
latin letters
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  marisn       |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified  |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Changes (by annakrat):

  * keywords:  => encoding

Comment:

 The error is the same as in #2205. I have no idea about that one.

 I don't get this error on Ubuntu. But when I have non ascii characters in
 the name of the file (not in the path to it), I got a different error
 coming from GetValidLayerName (this function tries to make the name sql
 compliant). Hopefully fixed in 63943.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2524#comment:2>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>