[GRASS-dev] compile gdal with grass

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 13:54:41 PST 2015

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 10:30 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 3:48 PM, Paulo van Breugel
> > Just compiled the latest gdal (1.11) and grass (trunk - rev 63950) and
> now
> > want to compile gdal again with grass support.
>
> It is recommended to compile the plugin (way easier than dealing with
> circular dependencies):
> http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Compile_and_install_GDAL-GRASS_plugin

Compiling gdal with grass support takes more time but isn't terribly
difficult. If it works, which it did for the last half a year or so (during
which I updated grass various times, each time also recompiling gdal). But
yes, I would rather use the plugin as that is quicker. However, with grass7
I have never got it to work. The problem is that I don't really understand
how to use the various patches and suggestions in above-mentioned ticket.
Perhaps somebody could summarize how to do this in the wiki?

> > However, I am getting an
> > error, which appears to be a problem in gdal/frmts/grass (see below). Any
> > idea how to solve this?
>
> Convince the GDAL developers to take care of
> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2953
>
> I would try if I knew how. To file a bug report I would need to understand
what the issue is, which I don't really get from the ticket mentioned above