[GRASS-dev] Is grass70b4 compiling on FreeBSD ?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Jan 7 08:35:23 PST 2015

Fábio Dias wrote:

> The files /usr/include/iconv.h and /usr/local/include/iconv.h are different.

Does /usr/include/iconv.h contain the macros?

	#define iconv_open libiconv_open
	#define iconv libiconv
	#define iconv_close libiconv_close

If not, it looks like it's now picking up some other iconv.h.

According to this:

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/using-iconv.html

FreeBSD 10-CURRENT and later has iconv in libc, so no additional
libraries should be linked. But that will require the use of the
system iconv.h rather than a libiconv iconv.h.

> I removed the local one, re-run ./configure (both iconv related
> messages: yes) and gmake. Same deal. No -liconv included on
> include/Make/Platform.make, same error when linking.
>
> I also removed the --with-includedir=local and added iconv.h from another dir:
> /configure --with-includes=~/  --with-postgres --with-pthread
> --with-gdal --with-includes=/usr/local/include
> --with-libs=/usr/local/lib
> --with-freetype-includes=/usr/local/include/freetype2 --with-readline
> --with-geos --with-wxwidgets --with-lapack --with-sqlite
>
> Same deal. It says yes for both iconv tests and doesn't link it.

Can you show the actual compilation commands being used, specifically
for parser_interface.c in lib/gis (that's where the lib/gis -> iconv
dependency comes from; lib/driver and lib/cairodriver also have iconv
dependencies)?