[GRASS-dev] again raster_3d

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Jan 9 01:03:37 PST 2015

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 4:30 AM, Anna Petrášová <kratochanna at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> currently r3.info gives you map type "3d cell", probably this should be
> changed to "raster_3d"?

Yes. Done in r64024, r64025.

> Also, I noticed a lot of r3. modules have keywords "raster3d" and "voxel".
> Should we keep it that way? Or use "raster_3d", or "3d raster" perhaps? I
> don't really have any opinion on that.

I have at least standardized the keywords in r64026, r64027 including
consistency checks with respective r.* counterparts.
IMHO there is no harm to keep "voxel" because for some users it is a
reasonable keyword.

Perhaps it would be reasonable to change "raster3d" into "raster_3d"
for consistency.

Markus