[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2205: Unicode unequal comparison in location wizard when title contains non-ascii letters

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sat Jan 10 06:14:45 PST 2015

#2205: Unicode unequal comparison in location wizard when title contains non-ascii
letters
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  marisn       |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified  |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------

Comment(by marisn):

 Re-tested with 7.0.0 r64041 after removing the AppData/Roaming/GRASS
 folder and it was still an issue. I couldn't perform any other tests, as
 g.gui is failing on this build (different issue).

 I managed to track it down - grass.gisenv() returns str, but database is
 unicode. I took the liberty to fix it for 7.1 in r64044
 No more warnings on my Vista box and Linux box.

 I would say that this needs to be backported to releasebranch (unless it
 needs to be reverted as a band aid and grass.gisenv() is changed to return
 unicode strings). I'm leaving for the wx and Python gurus to decide.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2205#comment:5>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>