[GRASS-dev] Unifing naming of 3D rasters

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 18:45:46 PST 2015

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 3:13 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> > There are few things missing. For example, keyword link is dead because
> it
> > goes to "raster3d.html" but the family page is "raster3D.html". All
> > occurrences of "raster3D", including the one in PyGRASS, should be
> probably
> > replaced by "raster3d" or another appropriate form (3D raster or
> raster_3d).
>
> I suppose it should all become "raster_3d" for consistency.

I fixed the keyword link and unified the titles with "3D raster" in r64109.
I used "raster3d" because this is the keyword used in the modules. If there
is a will to change it to "raster_3d" it should be enough just to pick
proper places from r64109 for the build part, titles are now handled
separately, so this should be easier too. I fixed only HTML, hopefully man
but not reStructuredText.

I would change PyGRASS package/module name to "raster3d" the underscores
are allowed for modules, if it improves readability (not sure if our case
qualifies), and discouraged for packages.

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/64109
https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/#package-and-module-names