[GRASS-dev] module header definitions add: text/multiline and latex support?

Pietro peter.zamb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 08:27:01 PST 2015

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can this have a description? I'm not sure where we would show it but it
> might be useful.

I did a naive mockup showing two options with OR relationship.

> However, I'm against introducing some general inter-option
> info, I'm not sure how it would work in code, GUI, command line and manual
> page. You can always include this information into description of individual
> options. Details can go to a manual page which is accessible from GUI, using
> man or in web browser.
>
> I don't see how you would like the GUI to look like. So if you have some
> ideas or examples, please share. I can see what Moritz is saying, GUI should
> be the same as command line because they are two interfaces to the same
> thing.

GUI is already different from the command line, see for example the
guisection, that are not present in --help or manual.

Of course we can add these information on the description, but often
we have more than one parameter that depend from the same formula and
I think that introduce something like the mockup could improve
usability.