[GRASS-dev] module header definitions add: text/multiline and latex support?

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Thu Jan 15 14:05:07 PST 2015

On 15.01.2015 14:55, Moritz Lennert wrote:

> Interesting, but I have to admit that I do not see what the advantage
> of this is compared to the tabs...

Just an idea, it is.  It would be possible to have the optional stuff
collapsible.

Anyhow, the point is:  a GUI needs a designer's touch.  This is going
to make the interface readable, and not confusing  or  scary (as my
quick mockup is too, of course).  The same is valid for the Wiki, for
which I failed, in the past, to get past the message "let's make our
Wiki beautiful" up to the point where we could say "we do have a
beautiful Wiki".

I've had a nice course on interactive programming with Python, back in
September.  And I do have a sense for what it takes to program a GUI.
My understanding is that big changes are probably way out of the
project's manpower.  And we can surely live with that.  Yet, if there
are changes to happen, let them be step-wise and adhere to modern UI
principles.

Nikos