[GRASS-dev] New splash screen for GRASS GIS 7?

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Wed Jan 21 12:47:42 PST 2015

Hi,
thanks to all those who sent feedback on my strictly cosmetic contrib'.
Nikos & Luca:  sorry for the flashy green tone, I'm daltonic...
Markus and Michael: do you think of a particular historical map ? would
a partial view on the map do the job ?

Well, to be continued then...

On the other hand of that surprisingly branchy thread: myself teaching
GRASS to students too, I deplore that many pretended GIS-aware students
(having skills with end-user oriented software) at the end of the day
show very poor knowledge in geodetics, projection systems, etc. Starting
with GRASS forces them to go back to basics: the quite unusual starting
process associated with the location/projection selector to my mind
is /very/ helpful !

Good night,
V.