[GRASS-dev] Planning GRASS GIS 7.0.0RC1
mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Jan 27 00:46:18 PST 2015
On 21/01/15 10:56, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 9:19 AM, Moritz Lennert
> <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
>> On 20/01/15 18:04, Markus Neteler wrote:
>>> On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 11:21 PM, Anna Petrášová <kratochanna at gmail.com>
>>>> On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 12:59 PM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>
>>> There is a plan:
>> Well, this procedure states that :
>> "If sufficient support is present, the first announcement is sent by the
>> Release manager to the developers mailing list about the upcoming release
>> along with a trac planning page (section). [...] The announcement should
>> also include an approximate time table for the release, including the start
>> of hard freeze, RC1, RC2, final release and the link to the trac page."
> Well, it is very difficult to predict the final release date. See here
> for the undone backports which I have found (indeed, it is the task of
> the respective developer to take care of that)
Coming back to this after a while. I think this is exactly the question:
should we wait until everything is backported, or should we fix a date
and if some things are not backported, they will have to be in the next
point release ?
In the proposed release procedure backports should be done before the
hard freeze and the first RC...
Just to be sure: I'm not criticizing the way the release is handled,
just using this current release to illustrate the ideas of the proposed
release procedure. And some of the experiences of the current release
could maybe feed back into amendments of that proposal.
More information about the grass-dev