[GRASS-dev] New splash screen for GRASS GIS 7?

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 06:25:03 PST 2015

I'm not a fan of "all lower case sans serif" logos and graphics. I may even
like it visually but it is current trend which everybody is putting
everywhere and it started to be boring.

For GRASS GIS, I would imagine something more classic like the previous
proposals. However, this is more a warning.

For splash6, I would suggest to remove website link, version and revision.
It is just a clutter. Version and revision could be hard to get and link
wouldn't be clickable anyway. Otherwise, I think that splash6 is better
than splash5.

http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/File:GRASSGIS_splash5.jpg
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/File:GRASSGIS_splash6.jpg