[GRASS-dev] Implement new airborne hyperspectral sensor in i.atcorr

Alexander Kurz stu112827 at mail.uni-kiel.de
Tue Jul 14 04:21:54 PDT 2015

Hello everybody,

I would like to atmospheric correct some AISA Eagle data. It's a
hyperspectral, airborne sensor. There are 60 bands in the range from 405
to 951 nm (about a 9,2 nm - step).

So my question(s)... Is it possible to implement a new hyperspectral,
airborne sensors in i.atcorr? I know there is already a hyperspectral
satellite sensor included.

If it is possible, how much time will be roughly consumed to undertake
this task? Days, weeks or months?

Furthermore, I've already read the i.atcorr README to "add new band
filters"
(http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/imagery/i.atcorr/README),
but I'm an absolute beginner, so unfortunately I wasn't able to figure
out how to create this needed filter function.

Can somebody point me in the right direction, please .... of course only
if it is possible.

Thanks for your effords!

Alexander K.