[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-SVN] r65307 - grass/trunk/lib/init

Huidae Cho grass4u at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 07:17:27 PDT 2015

Thanks, Martin.

Is there any good reason why grass.py imports environment variables in
load_env() and writes non-/^export/ lines (r65585 does not strip out
whitespaces) into MAPSET/.bashrc in bash_startup() instead of simply
sourcing or fully writing .grass7/bashrc? I see a couple of problems with
this two step approach.

1. /^export/ lines in .grass.bashrc don't work anymore with r65585. This
file used to be "fully" written into MAPSET/.bashrc.
2. Conditional constructs like the following are not supported in
.grass7/bashrc:

case $TERM in
xterm*)
export PS1=xterm # no space before export
  ;;
screen)
export PS1=screen
  ;;
esac

because load_env() would overwrite PS1 and bash_startup() won't write out
the /^export PS1/ lines. It will work if there are whitespaces before
export, but I would say that was not intended by you...

Regards,
Huidae