[GRASS-dev] what is the meaning of: "Error reading raster data for row 239 of <MASK>"

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 20:52:29 PDT 2015

Thank you guys, this has been an ongoing issue for me for the last
year or two. I have experienced this error sporadically but could not
recreate it and thus figured it was something specific to my machine.
I noticed this error when using r.series and some of the new temporal
modules-- in each case there was an active MASK. I could reliable
cause this error to occur (but not in a deterministic manner) by
canceling (ctrl-c) a module that had opened a large number of raster
maps. The next run of r.series (or temporal module) would then fail
with the error as described in this thread.

Excellent work and +1 on a backport to grass70.

Dylan