[GRASS-dev] New section in GRASS wiki for installation under Mac using homebrew

Carlos Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 07:54:37 PDT 2015

Very interesting!

>From the brew recipe, it looks that one needs all dependencies installed
via homebrew, is that right? I'm thinking that most will have Kyngsburie's
Frameworks already installed (at least GDAL). Same goes for wx-python.

best

Carlos

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 5:44 AM, Rainer M Krug <Rainer at krugs.de> wrote:

> Anna Petrášová <kratochanna at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 6:38 AM, Rainer M Krug <Rainer at krugs.de> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I just added a section / new page in the WIKI for installation of GRASS
> >> using homebrew. Please see
> >>
> >> http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Compile_and_Install#Mac_OSX
> >>
> >> and
> >>
> >> http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Compiling_on_MacOSX_using_homebrew
> >>
> >> It would be great if some Mac / homebrew users would see if it works and
> >> give me comments here.
> >>

> > I will try to test it next week. Thank you for your efforts!
>
> Great - let me know how it goes, although I don't know if I will be able
> to reply as I am away and possibly only have very limited internet
> access.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Rainer
>

> > Anna
> >

> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> Rainer
> >>
> >> --
> >> Rainer M. Krug, PhD (Conservation Ecology, SUN), MSc (Conservation
> >> Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)
> >>
> >> Centre of Excellence for Invasion Biology
> >> Stellenbosch University
> >> South Africa
> >>
> >> Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
> >> Cell:       +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98
> >> Fax :       +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44
> >>
> >> Fax (D):    +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44
> >>
> >> email:      Rainer at krugs.de
> >>
> >> Skype:      RMkrug
> >>
> >> PGP: 0x0F52F982

> --
> Rainer M. Krug, PhD (Conservation Ecology, SUN), MSc (Conservation
> Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)
>
> Centre of Excellence for Invasion Biology
> Stellenbosch University
> South Africa
>
> Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
> Cell:       +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98
> Fax :       +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44
>
> Fax (D):    +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44
>
> email:      Rainer at krugs.de
>
> Skype:      RMkrug
>
> PGP: 0x0F52F982

Prof. Carlos Henrique Grohmann
Institute of Energy and Environment - Univ. of São Paulo, Brazil
- Digital Terrain Analysis | GIS | Remote Sensing -

http://carlosgrohmann.com
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-5073-5572