[GRASS-dev] wingrass standalone default options, Microsoft Runtime Libraries

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 07:42:30 PDT 2015

On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 4:58 AM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> it seems to me that to enable installing Important Microsoft Runtime
> Libraries is crucial when installing GRASS using standalone installer
> on newer versions of Windows.
>
> I wonder if it would make sense to enable it by default (now it's
> uncheck). What do you think? Thanks, Martin

+1

GNU GPL requires to take positive action (no reference for it now) but
according to the usual practice, I think it would be enough if the check
box would be checked by default and there would be something like don't
proceed if you don't want it (the positive action is pressing Next button).

(If it would be privacy issue or something like that, I would be more
conservative, but this is just fixing operating system defected by design.)