[GRASS-dev] v.transform: what is zrot supposed to do ?

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Jun 19 04:48:42 PDT 2015

I have the feeling I'm missing something, here, and I prefer asking the
question here before posting a possible bug report.

What is the exact meaning of zrot in v.transform ? I would have thought
that with no scaling and no shift, zrot would create a simple rotation.

I create a square as such:

v.in.lines in=- out=testline sep=, --o << EOF
610000,200000
680000,200000
Nan,Nan
680000,200000
680000,270000
Nan,Nan
680000,270000
610000,270000
Nan,Nan
610000,270000
610000,200000
EOF

I then try to rotate that squate by 45 degrees:

v.transform input=testline output=testline45 zrotation=45

The result is shown the attached image: The rotation works, but I get a
shift of about 445km NW. Is this expected ?

Moritz