[GRASS-dev] Debugging QGIS with GRASS provider on Windows

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Jun 22 08:12:23 PDT 2015

Radim Blazek wrote:

> The problem was with Map_info structure which is accessed only through
> GRASS lib. The structures accessed directly (line_pnts,line_cats) have
> only int or double or pointers to them. In theory the size of int may
> be different for different compilers, but in this case it is the same
> and it is quite rare to have GRASS and QGIS compiled by two compilers
> with different size of int.

Windows has a defined C ABI, and MinGW mostly follows it (some
versions have issues with "long double", but I can only find one
occurrence of that in GRASS, and that's internal to a function).

off_t is only an issue because config.h explicitly redefines it for
MinGW.

C++ code is more problematic, as there isn't a defined C++ ABI (it
isn't even fixed for MSVC; the /vm[bgmsv] switches can change the
representation of pointer-to-member types).