[GRASS-dev] Compute mahalanobis distance using Scipy

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Mar 16 07:30:22 PDT 2015

Paulo van Breugel wrote:

> When running the tiled_function function you wrote [1] I am getting the
> error below.
>
> {{{
> tiled_function(raster_inputs=ref, raster_output="out_mah1",
> func=mahalanobis_distances)
> }}}
>
> ERROR: No null file for <out_mah1>
>
> Any idea what is wrong?

That error message is from lib/raster, and indicates that the null
file couldn't be created (Rast_open_new() should probably generate an
error or warning if this happens; the fact that it doesn't suggests
that it isn't a common occurrence).

Were there any other warnings prior to that? Check the permissions on
the mapset directory, the cell_misc subdirectory, and the
cell_misc/out_mah1 subdirectory (if it exists).

Alternatively, it might indicate an issue in the PyGrass library; that
code is relatively new.