[GRASS-dev] Linke turbidity in r.sun.daily

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Sat Mar 21 12:51:02 PDT 2015

Nikos Alexandris:

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Yes, I used that (also with the SODA maps).

> You are confusing at time the precision CELL (= integer) and "cell"
> (historically used for "raster" maps as opposed to "vector" map:
>
> http://grass.osgeo.org/programming7/gislib_cmdline_parsing.html#gisprompt_Member
>
> "new,cell,raster"   G_open_new("cell", "map")
> "old,vector,vector" G_open_old("vector", "map")
>
> ... this cell is not related to precision but means raster map which
> can well be a floating point map.
>
> HTH
> Markus

Yes, this helps. I was confused by "...(i.e. if the option has
"new,cell,...", it will look in the "cell" directory)". Creating a
float-raster (FCELL) or double-raster (DCELL), creates an "fcell"
directory. So, according to the comment, I thought that it should be
"fcell" in this case.

Thanks, N

ps- Something like "gdal_translate -of GTiff -a_ullr ullat ullon lrlat
lelon in.tif out.tif" is the right way for non-GeoTIFFs, right?