[GRASS-dev] Linke turbidity in r.sun.daily

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 20:12:50 PDT 2015

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 5:04 AM, Nikos Alexandris <nik at nikosalexandris.net>
wrote:

> Disregard the previous one. This one without old 'rast' entries (instead,
> new 'raster').
>
> Looks OK (I'm only looking at the source code). Just few things:

It seems you removed the option to add timestamps without registering to
temporal database. I would just leave the else there. (You may want to
create timestamps but not register or register later.)

It seems that tgis.open_new_stds is actually not according to PEP8. At
least one contains whitespace at the end, rerun pep8.

I'm not sure if this is part of PEP8 but "comment graphics" is often
discouraged; I personally don't see a reason for:

# add timestamps either via temporal framework ----------------------
# ------------------------------------------ outputs timestamped ---

It would be much better to include there actual sentence(s) which will be
explanatory even for everybody. (I know what is behind "outputs
timestamped" because I remember Soeren's commit but I don't think that this
is well documented and generally known.)

Update Copyright year (I think it is OK to use 2013-2015 for simplicity -
precise info is in Subversion).

When you are doing stylistic changes, you can also put spaces around
assignment in r.mapcalc expressions.

For your todo: picture to the manual would be nice (perhaps two or three
from a series).

Nice work otherwise (e.g. option dependencies)!
Vaclav

Nikos