[GRASS-dev] g.region zoom?

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Mon May 11 08:58:59 PDT 2015

Hi,

I just realized how g.region zoom actually works and I am wondering if it
is supposed to be obvious. I always thought it will set the region to the
raster map minimum bounding box, but it takes current region and only
shrinks it. The behavior is written in the manual (I eventually realized),
but it doesn't strike me as particularly useful.

At least I would suggest to change the g.region zoom behavior in the GUI ->
right click on layer -> Set computational region from selected map (ignore
NULLS) to:

g.region raster=map zoom=map

instead of

g.region zoom=map