[GRASS-dev] grass-doc: whatis parse errors in manpages

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Nov 8 08:51:24 PST 2015

(cc grass-dev)

On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 4:44 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg
<sebastic at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> This issue is still present in GRASS 7.0.1.
> We need a lot more changes like r37865 [1] adding NAME sections to the
> HTML documentation to fix all these whatis issues.
>
> [1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/37865

A lot of these pages are auto-generated, so adding a "NAME" section is
now theoretically easy.

But before doing so, we need to understand how to deal with the 102
"topic_xxx.html" pages like e.g.

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/topic_sampling.html

In all those "NAME" does not really make sense. Likewise the 7
xxxintro.html pages like e.g.
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/imageryintro.html

Any ideas?

Markus