[GRASS-dev] v.surf.rst segment boundaries

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Wed Nov 18 12:12:21 PST 2015

Anna is right,
but there may be another case if you are interpolating from contours or isolines (such as isochrones as you may be doing)
make sure your optimize the number of points on the contour - click on the two last images on the page below
to see the difference
http://www4.ncsu.edu/~hmitaso/grasswork/interpgen.html

Vasek may have a better example for this - we had to use this approach when interpolating temporal
surface from time series of contours.

If you see the segments only in some spots that don’t have data (e.g. bare ground lidar where buildings were removed)
Anna has written a v.surf.rst wrapper that does two passes interpolation to minimize the visible segments.

Perhaps if you could share the data and the command that you have used we can suggest a solution.

Helena