[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2770: r.mapcalc reports syntax error for valid script but no error for separate expressions

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Tue Nov 24 22:28:58 PST 2015

#2770: r.mapcalc reports syntax error for valid script but no error for separate
expressions
--------------------------+-------------------------
  Reporter:  marisn       |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Component:  Raster       |    Version:  svn-trunk
Resolution:               |   Keywords:  r.mapcalc
       CPU:  Unspecified  |   Platform:  Unspecified
--------------------------+-------------------------
Changes (by marisn):

 * milestone:   => 7.0.3

Comment:

 If I understood correctly, r.mapcalc works like this:
 {{{
 for output_row in computational_region:
     for output_cell in output_row:
         first expression
         second expression
         third expression
 }}}
 thus "first" becomes a map only at the end of r.mapcalc run.

 Leaving open as an update to documentation is needed (I'll try to write it
 if above logic is correct).

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2770#comment:2>
GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org>