[GRASS-dev] I've tripled GRASS's I/O speed

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 11:25:58 PDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 12:49 PM, Seth Price <seth at planet.com> wrote:

> ..by adding the option of a few different compression schemes, including
> LZ4. I've had the ticket open for a week now with no responses. I'd love to
> get it incorporated into trunk. For more info, see here:
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2750

Hi,

thanks for the reminder. This looks really good. Can you provide a test
which would do a trivial operation (like the benchmark in the ticket)
ideally using Python and gunittest [1]? Please, let me know if you don't
know where to start.

Vaclav

[1] https://grass.osgeo.org/grass71/manuals/libpython/gunittest_testing.html