[GRASS-dev] compile errors when using stripped-down config

Soren Harward stharward at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 07:23:56 PDT 2015

On Sat, Oct 3, 2015 at 3:46 AM, Maris Nartiss <maris.gis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> some of GRASS compilation "options" are not optional at all -
> resulting outcome even if will work, will be useless for endusers.
> Don't try to push everything into use flags.

That's not really my responsibility, or any developer's responsibility
for that matter.  If GRASS exposes compile-time options through the
configure script, then the Gentoo way is to expose those through USE
flags in the ebuild.  If the user's install is missing features
because they didn't have their flags set properly, that's on them.

--
Soren Harward