[GRASS-dev] I've tripled GRASS's I/O speed

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 05:54:14 PDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 1:42 AM, Seth Price <seth at planet.com> wrote:

> Sorry for derailing my own thread, but here we go again...
> I'm having a hard time reproducing anything with the unit tests. There
> seems to be some state that exists between unit test runs.

What are the actual errors in the HTML report?

> I ran it with my updated code, and I got 30% failed. Then I ran the new
> code with the tests, and I'm getting 30% failed. So I deleted the basic
> location directory and re-decompressed it. Now I'm getting 31% failed in
> both directories.
>

> Using these commands, as shown above, resulted in 21% failed. I'm running
> `make && sudo make install` when I switch directories. Then I delete &
> refresh the location files. Then I run the unit tests as `python -m
> grass.gunittest.main --location nc_basic_spm_grass7 --location-type nc`.
> What's wrong with my test procedure?

Sorry, I don't understand what is the difference between new code and
updated code. When you get 30, 31 21%? What are the actual commands you are
running?

If you are concerned about reproducibility, use VM or Docker, e.g. with
Ubuntu [1]. In this way, we can see if it is a local or Mac issue or not.

[1] https://github.com/wenzeslaus/grass-gis-docker