[GRASS-dev] installing v.mapcalc fails

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 00:54:37 PDT 2015

On 02-10-15 10:50, Moritz Lennert wrote:

>>> Glynn, can you help us on this ? We need to find the correct Makefile
>>> for the v.mapcalc addon [1]
>>
>> That header is generated by yacc (or byacc, bison, etc) via a pattern
>> rule in include/Make/Compile.make:
>>
>>     %.output %.tab.h %.tab.c: %.y
>>         $(YACC) -b$* $(YFLAGS) $<
>>
>> The problem with v.mapcalc is that it tries to compile yylex.c before
>> v.mapcalc.tab.h has been generated, which fails. It requires:
>>
>>     -yylex.c: v.mapcalc.tab.h
>>     +$(OBJDIR)/yylex.o: v.mapcalc.tab.h
>>
>> The header is a dependency of the object file; the source file doesn't
>> have dependencies (it's a source file, not generated).
>>
>> Committed in r66392.
>>

> Thanks for the fix and the explanation ! It works for me now.

Sorry for the late follow up. The add-on installs now. When trying to
run it, however, nothing happens. I don't know if it has anything to do
with the error/warning message I got when installing (below)?

Fetching <v.mapcalc> from GRASS GIS Addons repository (be patient)...

Compiling...

yylex.c: In function ‘yylex’:

yylex.c:32:7: warning: ignoring return value of ‘scanf’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]

   scanf("%lf", &yylval.dbl);

        ^

Installing...

Updating addons metadata file...

WARNING: No addons metadata available. Addons metadata file not updated.

Installation of <v.mapcalc> successfully finished

The 'no addons metadata available' is something I see more often, and is
probably a problem at the server side if I understood well from other
email treads.