[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2757: r.import: ERROR: Input raster map is outside current region

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 07:32:50 PDT 2015

On 13-10-15 15:37, Anna Petrášová wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 9:03 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org
> <mailto:neteler at osgeo.org>> wrote:
>
>     On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 1:07 PM, Moritz Lennert
>     <mlennert at club.worldonline.be
>     <mailto:mlennert at club.worldonline.be>> wrote:
>     > The -n flag comes from r.proj and is explained as such in the
>     r.proj man
>     > page:
>
>     Right.
>
>     > "When reprojecting whole-world maps the user should disable
>     map-trimming
>     > with the -n flag. Trimming is not useful here because the module
>     has the
>     > whole map in memory anyway.
>
>     ^^^ already here I am lost :-) Trimming is doing what (also
>     compared to -l)?

I was asking myself the same some time ago. Perhaps this option does not
need to be hidden, but it would be good to have a positive definition of
what trimming means (also in the manual page of r.proj)? I would be
inclined to think that if even Markus does not know what this means,
many users won't know either ;-)