[GRASS-dev] grass in windows

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Tue Oct 27 06:43:11 PDT 2015

Hi Vero,

>except that the windows shell is so limited... no going back to previous
command, no tab completion, no >selecting, nor copy-paste... :(

that's a windows limitation, see

https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2015-September/076500.html

for a possible extension

> Then, I tested calling grass from MSYS shell, with the intention of
> getting some of linux shell funcionalities,

 some linux/unix goodies are available in the OSGeo4W windows shell: gawk,
more, less etc.

> Then, I tested calling grass from MSYS shell

AFAICT starting winGRASS in the OSGeo4W msys shell is not maintained for a
long time.

-----
best regards
Helmut