[GRASS-dev] r.in.lidar: read multiple LAS files in one run

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 07:04:29 PDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 8:03 AM, Newcomb, Doug <doug_newcomb at fws.gov> wrote:

> I have successfully  processed  a county with 966 laz files with well over
> 4.2 billion points, using a base elevation raster with 2.4 billion pixels (
> Hyde county, NC  5 ft resolution DEM , about half water).  It is a bit
> slower, but it does solve several of my issues.  Well done!

Thanks for testing it!

Will this be backported to 7.0 ?  :-)

Sorry. No plans to do that. It is a feature and significant change of the
code. This is exactly something which shouldn't be backported unless we are
absolutely sure that it works. We should however make sure that we can
release 7.1 soon enough.