[GRASS-dev] wxgui_items.xml: outdated

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Oct 31 06:41:02 PDT 2015

Hi,

I have realized that gui/wxpython/xml/wxgui_items.xml is not properly
updated with the current module descriptions.
This is an issue since we get duplication of almost identical strings
which then drive mad our translators.

It is really a job for
gui/wxpython/tools/update_menudata.py
but this scripts seems to be also outdated while looking to be the
perfect solution.

Anyone willing to fix this:

GRASS 7.1.svn (nc_spm_08_grass7):~/software/grass71/gui/wxpython >
python tools/update_menudata.py -d
Step 1: running make...
Step 2: parsing modules...
Step 3: reading menu data...
Step 4: updating menu data...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "tools/update_menudata.py", line 176, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "tools/update_menudata.py", line 156, in main
    updateData(data, modules)
  File "tools/update_menudata.py", line 74, in updateData
    for node in data.tree.getiterator():
AttributeError: LayerManagerMenuData instance has no attribute 'tree'

thanks
Markus