[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2740: v.in.ogr: wrong projection check when importing geometry column from table with multiple geometry columns

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Fri Sep 11 09:34:07 PDT 2015

#2740: v.in.ogr: wrong projection check when importing geometry column from table
with multiple geometry columns
---------------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  mlennert                   |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect                     |     Status:  new
 Platform:  Unspecified                |
---------------------------------------+-------------------------
 r63604 introduced the possibility to import from data sources with
 multiple geometry columns (gdal RFC41).

 However, AFAIU, the projection check has not been changed and so the
 projection is gotten from the layer, not the field (aka geometry column).

 It seems to me that the gathering of information concerning the geometry
 column in
 [http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/vector/v.in.ogr/main.c#L870
 lines 870ff of main.c] needs to be moved higher up to before getting the
 projection
 ([http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/vector/v.in.ogr/main.c#L543
 lines 543ff]), so that the projection can be gotten from the '''geometry
 column''' and not from the layer.

 But I'm not 100% sure of understanding the code correctly, so this needs
 confirmation.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2740>
GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org>